Last October, I attended a Bio-Oil sharing session to learn about the product and its uses. According to the company, Bio-Oil is a specialist skincare oil that has been around for more than 20 years and it has been clinically proven to help improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone. The product is allegedly suitable for sensitive skin, and is hypoallergenic and does not cause acne. Bio-Oil is the No. 1 selling scar and stretch mark product in more than 11 countries and has garnered 69 accolades and awards since 2002.
I’d seen Bio-Oil in the shops before the sharing session but it had never crossed my mind to buy a bottle to try because I don’t have any stretch marks. I received a sample bottle from the sharing session and have been using it since. While I can’t vouch for the claim that it improves the appearance of stretch marks (although I know people who swear by it for their stretch marks) this is what I like about Bio-Oil:
1. It’s great as an all-over moisturiser. I use it when my face feels tight and uncomfortable and it provides instant relief and is soothing. I use it on the dry areas like my elbows, heels and knees too. Anya’s arms and legs get itchy when her skin is dry and Bio-Oil works well for her (and stops her from whining about the itchiness).
2. My cuticles can get quite hard and dry because I don’t take care of my hands and nails. Bio-Oil softens the cuticles and stops me from trying to peel or bite them off.
3. I love to add sugar granules to some Bio-Oil to use as a scrub before I shower! It leaves my skin nice and smooth.
4. Bio-Oil is a perfect size for carry-on luggage when travelling and the bottle has a cap that screws on tight so I don’t have to worry about any spillage. My skin gets very dry when I’m flying so the Bio-Oil really comes in handy then.
To be very honest, I think the product is good but the packaging could do with an update! I know a few of you may be skeptical about the product or not particularly attracted by the packaging, so I’m giving away FIVE bottles of Bio-Oil to let five of you try it for yourself.
To qualify, simply do the following by 6 Mar 2013, 2359H:
1. Like the ‘In the Wee Hours’ Facebook page.
2. Leave a comment here with your name and email address so I can contact you if you’re one of the lucky winners! Winner will be chosen randomly. You must be residing in Singapore to qualify.
Disclaimer: I was given a bottle of Bio-Oil for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
Congrats to April, Phyllis, Jennifer, Debra and Shermeen! You will be contacted shortly. Thanks to all for taking part. Look out for my next giveaway coming up soon. :)