We are huge Disney fans so we’re really looking forward to Disney on Ice presents Treasure Trove in March! The last time we watched Disney on Ice was back in 2012 when Anya was about 3 years old and she loved every moment of it. Here’s a little flashback for you:
Now that she’s really into Disney princesses and ice-skating, I think she’s going to love the show so much. Adam is crazy about Mickey Mouse and his friends so he’s going to have such a good time as well. I can’t wait!
Since it’s the 12th day of Christmas, I present to you 12 interesting facts about Disney On Ice!
- Disney On Ice was founded in 1981 and has since travelled to over 70 countries and six continents
- The average size of the ice skating surface is 21 m x 43 m
- It takes 12 trucks to transport all production equipment for set-up
- And there are actually 2 washers and 2 dryers that travel with the production crew for every tour to ensure the skaters are fresh and clean throughout the tour
- It takes 14 hours to set up for one Disney On Ice show
- But just 3 hours to tear down the production
- 102 different colours of paint are used on the props for every production
- 1,300 yards of fabric are used to make the costumes for all cast
- At least 300 costumes are used in every production
- All 43 cast members have an average of 5 costume changes per show
- 20,000 Swarovski crystals are hand placed on the characters’ costumes in preparation for every show
- The total number of people who worked on costumes alone for Treasure Trove is 50
Disney on Ice presents Treasure Trove will be at Singapore Indoor Stadium from 19 – 23 March 2014 with tickets starting at just $20! Tickets can be purchased online, via the tickets hotline at 6333 5000, by visiting the Sports Hub Tickets Box Office, or at any Sports Hub ticket outlet at all SingPost locations.